Monday, September 28, 2015

How long will the sugar fast go on?



Have you done a "sugar fast" before? How long did you go without sugar? What did you notice? Did you go right back to eating like you did before when you broke your sugar fast?

These are all questions I'm really interested in so please comment if you've gone off processed sugar before. For us, I'm not sure how long we will eliminate all processed sugars. We are now at 267 days. I can't foresee us adding it back in anytime soon. Why you may ask. One reason is because I know I'm an addict. Do you suggest to an alcoholic to just have one drink? You don't if you are their friend. The second reason is my kids. See, now that I've educated them about sugar, they don't want it. They don't want it if they are really really hungry either. In fact, they are the ones saying they never want to eat sugar again. Yes, I've created somewhat of a monster. A good monster really because they are a big part of me not eating it. Their dad has already partaken of the addictive white powder, yeah I'm still talking about sugar, since we "detoxed" early this year. He admits he likes to stay at day zero. I must say he only has it maybe once a month or so, if the opportunity arises, and in our house it doesn't arise much. It will be interesting to see what happens when there are more opportunities for sugar intake as it gets closer to the holidays. He still has those nights where he wants "something sweet". I have no sympathy for him though. LOL. Although I do try to give him something to appease him because that may be the only way to keep him on the "straight and narrow". He know he will hear it from the kids if he eats it in front of them.

So really, to answer the initial question of how long will this sugar fast will go on? I'm not sure, exactly. I think we'll take it as far as we can go. Maybe at some day in the near or distant future I won't feel like I'm addicted to it anymore. I don't know. How does an addict know for sure if they will be susceptible to the properties of an addictive substance, even one so commonplace as sugar?

I'd love to hear what YOU think and if you've done a sugar fast before. If not, maybe you should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment