Wednesday, May 13, 2015

No Sugar Jam

There is a recipe out there for refrigerator jam with no sugar! I had to try!

2 cups fresh or thawed fruit
3 T chia seeds

Blend in high powered blender until smooth. Put in a glass jar and put in the fridge. It should be ready to spread the next day.

Yes, it is this easy.

No, its not like traditional jam texture. It's all blended so it's smooth but I must tell you, my kids said they liked it better than the store bought stuff. Why do you think they like it better? Because #1 they know its healthier and so that makes everything taste better to them.

I only make this in small batches because I know it won't last forever in the fridge. I've read you can freeze it but I always get nervous about putting glass to freeze.

Here is the link I've found that talks about No Sugar Refrigerator Jam.



No comments:

Post a Comment