Friday, February 27, 2015

Crispy Oven Baked Fries

Don't let the "V" word scare you. Yes, I basically cook Vegan even though I don't consider myself a vegan. Some vegans eat a lot of fake food like cheeses and meats that are processed. That's one reason I like to say Whole Foods Plant Based. Then there are those that are vegan just because of animal rights. They don't wear leather either. If you consider yourself vegan that's ok (no judgement here). But for you guys who eat meat, yes, I remember when I did too, the vegan word meant their food was not good, it was weird. They have to do all these things to make their food taste like our food. I'm here to tell you that's not the case. These people are some of the most creative food combining people EVER.

Check out these Crispy Oven Baked Fries!!! These are soooooo good and soooooo easy. I know this post has nothing to do with sugar and all that but we seriously loved these fries so much I had to share! I also keep losing the link and if I put it here, then I will never have to search for it again.

These fries are truly guiltless! You know you enjoy guiltless way more than when something is fatty and greasy. You can even replace the flour with something like corn meal if you don't want to add flour. Last night I made them with gluten free oats and flax seeds ground in my magic bullet plus all the spices. You could even just use the spices and see how they turn out. I would suggest using at LEAST one big potato per person. They will go fast! Mix it with some other veggies and tell your kids they have to eat a broccoli tree and then a fry and then a broccoli tree and then a fry. What a healthy snack/meal!

Did you know, one large baked potato with the skin and without salt has 7g of protein, 7g of fiber and 0 grams of fat! Not only that but they have vitamin C, Iron, calcium and Vitamin A.

I also improvised on the fry sauce. I looked at the organic ketchup we had in the fridge and it had added sugar so I didn't use that. But I had some cheesy sauce from this Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese recipe leftover and I mixed it in my magic bullet with salsa. It made for a pretty yummy dip. You could even mix it with tomato paste. Or you can just use ketchup, but here in Utah, fry sauce is a must. If you don't know what fry sauce is, its basically a combination of ketchup and mayo. I have Veganaise which I liked even when I ate meat but I'm trying to cut my oil intake and processed foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment