Wednesday, March 11, 2015

How To Deal With Cravings

Everyone has their own idea of how to deal with cravings. One person will tell you to chew gum, the other person will tell you to do breathing exercises. Another person will tell you that if you are craving it, it means your body needs it.

When dealing with sugar I don't agree on any of those, especially the last one!

Gum - All gums have some sort of sweetener and most of them are bad. This is NOT going to help you. This will only further the problem. I gave all the gum away in my drawer to a friend who chews it for other reasons. I also gave her the box they were in that I've had for years just because I knew if I saw it I would crave that juicy sweet gum. The cravings for gum have slowly faded and I'm at 66 days with no processed sugar.

The best way I've found to curb all of my cravings is water. Yep, its that easy. It doesn't matter what I'm craving, if I drink water I feel better. I don't have to drink a ton, but usually I am either thirsty or hungry. If the water doesn't do it, have something healthy. Have some broccoli or a salad or a baby carrots or even an apple or banana! Just don't give into your cravings for processed sugar or unhealthy snacks!! YOU have control over your hands and your mouth. If you give into your cravings you will just be disappointed with yourself and that doesn't easily pass like those cravings will if you douse them with water. Just think of the cravings as a fire you need to put out so they don't destroy your body.

How do you deal with cravings?

No comments:

Post a Comment